Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Buttercup and baseball


I need to finish the Before and After tour, but I'm bored with it at the moment. Distraction:

Powerpuff Girls. That's right. It was this little 90s thing I'd almost forgotten until I came across it on Boomerang. It was totally stylized and fun, and I was all about Buttercup - clearly because she was brunette. And as evidenced in this picture, the crankiest and probably most cynical. These days I have to point out the total lack of diversity, and the fact that they're created and owned by a stiff white male Professor (and seriously - why o why was he trying to create little girls in his lab before he accidentally added Chemical X which inadvertently gave them superpowers?), but still, Powerpuff Girls were kind of awesomely freakin cute...and Emmy Award winning. I don't know about all that, but there it is. Adorable. And it's funny when they argue because they are literally 6 year olds.

The Yankees made it to the world series - I'm happy because Tim is a fan, so I'm a fan by association - not because I actually care much about any professional sport. And while a certain bloggy friend may not like this, I have to point out that if all else was neutral, and I had to choose between the Yankees and the Mets as my fave NY team...I'd go with Yankees out of sheer style. The blue, grey and white is so classic, and so is the logo. What is up with that orange and blue mess the Mets have going on? No, no, all wrong.

Since I have completely dug myself into a gender stereotype hole of massive depth, I'll just keep going...

I'm having a particularly dramatic cycle this month, and it's finally breaking. The past few days have really showcased my capacity for crank. After I yelled at Tim for 3 dumb things in a row, which I don't remember, but were kind of funny, I smirked and asked him, "Do you think I suffer from PMS?" He opened his eyes really wide and said, "No - I suffer from PMS."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a particularly horrific cycle as well! The pull of the moon must be extra strong this month. I was a raving lunatic for three straight days. I'm considering vitamin therapy as recommended by my ob/gyn.

jugtownjane said...

Not that I'm saying that the two are connected, but the upcoming November full moon is also known as the Beaver Moon. I'm 4.